.

Saturday, August 24, 2019

FAMILY HISTORY Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

FAMILY HISTORY - Essay Example Lucky enough nobody from my past contracted Spanish flu as my relatives who were in the Arm were given vaccine to prevent them as their families from the illness. My grandparents were still farmers who mainly planted corn and kept domestic animals such as horses. The roaring of the 20’s, however, made them migrate to Texas were my father was born but in a later time. The prohibition did not affect anybody in my family line as nobody was concerned with alcohol. The years before World War II significantly affected my family as my relatives, who took part in World War I, were called up again for World War II. Two of my relatives lost their lives during the war, which seriously affected the family. According to my father, my grandparents got an indoor toilet precisely in 1938. Some of my relatives started working particularly in the white collar sector. My grandparents, however, kept up with their farming. During the attack on Pearl Harbor, a relative of mine who passed on, in 1970, was there and gave my relatives stories of how the soldiers were lucky to survive the unexpected attack. However, they had a hard time recovering from the effects of World War II as it took the lives of two of my relatives away. During the cold war era, people living in the U.S. had a capitalist culture, and this is how my family mainly lived (Forbes 14). During the McCarthy era, a lot of families were accused of being communists, but my family showed loyalty to the American government and these accusations did not reach them. The animated film, The Wolf Man, was much appreciated by my family members. They already had a TV set before this time, and some of the favorite shows the Lets Rhumba show. My parents were born during this time. My relatives were concerned in keeping the family business of selling corn going. During the assassination of President Kennedy, my father remembers how the country mourned for losing

No comments:

Post a Comment